Carroll Delegates Hold Public Hearing on Local Issues
Carroll County's state delegates want feedback from residents on issues that involve the Board of Education, gaming and alcoholic beverages.
The Carroll County Delegation of the Maryland House of Delegates will hold a public hearing on Saturday, Jan. 19 at 10 a.m. to discuss the proposed 2013 Carroll County Legislative Package.
The hearing will take place in room 003 of the Carroll County Government Office Building, 225 North Center Street in Westminster.
The bill requests include:
- Carroll County--Board of Education--Nonvoting Student Representative
- Carroll County--Public Facilities Bonds
- Carroll County--Budgeting and Finance Procedures – Surplus Funds
- Carroll County--Gaming
- Carroll County--Adjustment to Maintenance of Effort Requirement--Declining Student Enrollment
- Carroll County--Alcoholic Beverages--Farmers' Markets
- Carroll County--Alcoholic Beverages--Beer Festival
- Carroll County--Alcoholic Beverages--License Fee Increase (requested by the Board of License Commissioners)
The Carroll County House Delegation will discuss “statewide” legislation requested by the Board of Carroll County Commissioners:
- Deer Management/Hunting Season
- Private Water Supply and Sewerage Systems – Metering Devices – Regulations Prohibited
- Locational Tracking of Private Motor Vehicles - Prohibition
Carroll County citizens are invited to hear the presentations and submit oral or written testimony on any of the legislative proposals.