Eldersburg and Sykesville Today: March 8
Read these five things to stay on top of local news and get you prepared for the day.
1. Service Learning Hours - KidWorks
The Eldersburg Library is holding a KidWorks meeting for ages 12-17. Participants will plan a storytime for younger kids to be presented at the March 22 meeting. Three service learning hours will be given for participating in both meetings.
2. Board of Commissioners Public Meeting
The Carroll County Board of Commissioners is holding an open session meeting in Room 311 of the County Office Building at 9 a.m. this morning. The agenda includes:
- Public Comment
- Approval and Adoption of February, 2012 Minutes and March 1, 2012 Minutes
- Request Approval of the Carroll County Drug Court Application FY 2013
- 2013 Annual Transportation Grant
- Draft Maryland Phase II Watershed Implementation Plan
- Possible Amendment to Chapter 209, Taxation Expansion of Tax Credits for Fallen Heroes
3. Full Moon Campfire and Owl Prowl
The Piney Run Nature Center is holding an evening hike and campfire tonight at 6 p.m. Visit the resident owls and join around the campfire to make S'mores. The program is open to all ages and participants are asked to bring a flashflight and wear clothing for an outdoor hike.
4. Century Varsity Tournament
The Century High School Girls Varsity Basketball team plays in the Girls Varsity State Tournament held at the University of Maryland Baltimore County tonight at 5 p.m. Find more information on the game here.
5. Today's Forecast
The National Weather Service calls for a 20 percent chance of rain with a high near 70 degrees this afternoon, changing to a 90 percent and a low of around 40 degrees this evening.