Family Fun this Weekend in Carroll County
Here are some fun things to do around town with the family this weekend.
Where/When: Carroll County Agricultural Center, 700 Agriculture Way, Westminster, Maryland 21157, Saturday, July 7, 2012, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Why to go: More than 60 vendors, holiday crafts, local produce, baked goods, gourmet food items; breakfast and lunch served. Door prizes, preview of handmade Christmas crafts, local produce, baked goods and more.
Where/When: Mary Lou Dewey Park at the Westminster Library, 50 East Main Street, Thursdays in June & July - 6:30 pm until 8:30 pm
Why to go: Listen to some of the area’s finest musicians perform for free in Downtown Westminster on Thursday evenings in June & July.
- June 7th - When Thunder Comes
- June 14th - Jeremy W. Norris, 1 Man Band
- June 21st - Number 1 Cause
- June 28th - The Tim Jenkins Group
- July 5th - Bronson & His Earthlings
- July 12th - No Saints Band
- July 19th - Mason Vixon
- July 26th - Bone Dri
In the event of rain, the concerts will be held in:
The Longwell Garage - Lower Level
Where/When: Downtown Westminster, Various Locations, Saturday, July 7, 2012, 9:00 p.m. - Midnight
Why to go: After blues legend John Hammond finishes his 7 PM headliner set at the Common Ground on the Hill Festival, come to downtown Westminster to enjoy more music at these venues. Each venue is within easy walking distance of the other. No admission charge. Plenty of free parking in two downtown parking garages. Dinner reservations suggested for O'Lordan's and Johannson's.
Where/When: 3400 Locust St., Manchester, Maryland 21102, July 2nd - 7th, 6:00 - 11:00 p.m.
Why to go: Rides, food, games and entertainment.
MVFD Carnival 2012
Schedule of Events:
- Ride night - every night
- Fire Queens Contest ~ July 2nd
- Parade ~ July 4th (7:00 p.m.)
- Fireworks ~ July 5th (rain date July 6th)
- Aspen Run ~ Mon. July 2nd
- David Davis and the Warrior River Boys ~ Tues. July 3rd
- Bootleg ~ Wed. July 4th
- Iron Ridge ~ Thurs. July 5th
- Richie Fields Band ~ Fri. July 6th
- Dean Crawford and the Dunn's River Band ~ Sat. July 7th
Where/When: 5130 Harney Road, Taneytown, Maryland 21787, 6:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Why to go: Rides, food, games and entertainment.
Dining Hall doors open for Dinner at 4:30 p.m. in our air conditioner hall and outside Food Stands open up at 6:00 pm. Pay one price for rides every night and they open up 6:00 p.m. all week long. Our entertainment runs from 7:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. nightly.
Weekly nightly Bingo all week in air condition.
Chances on Big Money Drawing for Fire company and ladies Auxiliary are chancing off a TV. Fun for all ages!!
- Monday - Hanover express (Bluegrass)
- Tuesday - Half Serious (Rock/Classic Rock)
- Wednesday - Borderline (Varity Country)
- Thursday - Big Wheely & The White Walls (50 & 60's Rock)
- Friday - The Rivers Band (Country)
- Saturday - Roll the Dice (Varity Country/Southern Rock)
Where/When: Carroll County Farm Museum, 700 Agriculture Way, Westminster, Maryland 21157, Saturday, July 7th 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. & Sunday, July 8, 2012, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Why to go: Festival includes 4 stages with multiple performances!
Click HERE for full Saturday Schedule.
Click HERE for full Sunday Schedule.
Festival tickets may be purchased at the gate. They are no longer available online.
Tickets Will Also Be Available at the Festival Gates
FESTIVAL WEEKEND CAMPING:
- Camping in the Rough: $10 per person/per night
- RV electric hook up: $30 for weekend
Please make your reservations in advance by clicking here or by calling our office at 410-857-2771
To Recommend Common Ground on the Hill to a Friend, click here!
To Register for Traditions Weeks, click here!
- All Weekend Ticket Adult $40.00
- All Weekend Senior/Teen $35.00
- Sat Only $25 Adult, $20 Senior/Teen, $5 Child 12 and Under with Paying Adult
- Sun Only $20 Adult, $15 Senior/Teen, $5 Child 12 and Under with Paying Adult
Where/When: 3311 Littlestown Pike, Rt 97, Westminster, Maryland 2115,Sunday, July 8, 2012, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Why to go: On Sunday, July 8, 2012 the Union Mills Homestead will host its Annual Ice Cream Sundae Social, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the grounds of the Homestead. A clown, wagon rides, and face painting will entertain the children, while the Littlestown Municipal Band will provide music for the festivities.
Guided tours of the historic Shriver Homestead and Grist Mill will begin at 12:00 noon with the last tour starting at 3:00 p.m.
Stoneground flours from the Mill will be on hand to purchase. The gift shop will be open from 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m.
Come, bring the family and enjoy an old fashioned Sunday in the country eating ice cream along the mill race while the Littlestown Municipal Band plays familiar tunes.
- AMUSEMENT PARK NOTE: If you plan to go to an amusement park in the next few weekends, don’t forget to check out the Department of Recreation & Parks
Get Discount Ticket Prices: HERE.