Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 21
Read these five things to stay on top of local news and get you prepared for the day.
1. The Carroll County Board of Commissioners is holding an open session meeting at 10 a.m. The agenda will include public comment, discussion - Plan Maryland, 2011 Carroll County Water and Sewer Master Plan Triennial update, Economic Relief Package related to Plumbing Code changes, discussion of Boards & Commissions Policy of terms/years of County Commissioners.
2. The Carroll County Board of County Commissioners is also holding an open session at 1:30 p.m. today. The agenda will include public comment, Reallocation of Junction, Inc. Funding, Review and Approval of the Adventure Diversion, Review and Approval of the FY 2012 Transportation Grant.
3. The American Cancer Society is recruiting a dedicated core of volunteers to serve as the planning committee for its upcoming first annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Mount Airy, a walk to benefit the organization's breast cancer programs for patients and caregivers, research, education and advocacy. The walk will take place on October 9 at Watkins Park. Anyone interested in joining the committee is invited to attend a planning meeting at Mount Airy Town Hall tonight at 6:30 p.m.
4. The Milkshake Duo takes over the Carroll Arts Center today from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The Grammy-nominated rock duo has released three award-winning CD's, including two Parents' Choice Awards and a NAPPA Gold Award.
5. It's going to be a hot one again today. The forecast calls for sunny and hot weather with a high near 98 degrees and heat index values as high as 103, according to The National Weather Service.