Hurricane Sandy: Carroll County Road Closures
Before traveling today, know what roads are closed.
Officials are asking residents to continue to stay off the roads as much as possible while cleanup efforts get underway and as Hurricane Sandy slowly passes through. The following roads are closed, to see a currrent list of road closures from the county, click here.
The following roads remained closed as of 7:50 a.m Tuesday, Oct. 30. To see a list of roads that were closed and have been reopened, visit the county website.
- Alesia Road between Schalk Rd 2 and Alesia in Lineboro closed at 1:15 am. due to downed pole and wires.
- Appleseed Road at Tupelo closed at 9:57 p.m. due to Tupelo closure.
- Arters Mill Road between 3191 and 3234 closed at 9:45 p.m. due to flooding.
- Babylon Road off Kump Station Rd closed at 2:40 p.m. due to flooding
- Baptist Road at Starners Dam closed at 6 p.m. due to flooding
- Baumdardner Road S, the 2700 block at the bridge closed at 4:35 due to flooding.
- Bear Run Road between Baseshores Mill and Mayberry closed at 9:25 p.m. due to flooding
- Bull Frog Road at the Frederick County Line closed at 7:40 p.m. due to flooding
- Fridinger Mill Road at Old Fridinger near 1228 closed at 8:57 p.m. with wires and tree across the road.
- Gorsuch Road at MD 140 closed at 11:20 p.m. witih limbs in wires with sparks
- Hoods Mill Road between MD 97 and the railroad tracks closed at 9:25 p.m. for flooding
- Johnsville Road at the Frederick County line closed at 11:55 p.m. due to flooding
- Kern Road between the 4900 and 4800 blocks closed at 5:03 p.m. due to flooding
- Keysville Bruceville Road between MD 194 and Sixes Bridge closed at 6:30 p.m. due to flooding
- Keysville Frederick Road at the Frederick County line closed at 4:45 p.m. due to flooding
- Keysville Road S at MD 77 closed at 6:24 p.m. due to flooding
- Kump Station Road between 2845 and Mayberry Road closed at 3:50 p.m. due to flooding
- Marriottsville Road between Marriotsville and Arrington closed at 10:55 p.m. due to flooding
- Mayberry Road between 2357 and 2331 closed at 5:30 p.m. due to flooding
- Mayberry Road between Unger and Stone closed at 9:32 p.m. due to flooding
- Millers Station Road between Young and Alesia Rds closed at 6:46 p.m. due to wires hanging in the road
- Mumma Ford Road at the Frederick County line closed at 6:10 p.m. due to flooding
- Nicodemus Road at Salem Bottom Road closed at 9:35 p.m. due to a tree with wires across the road
- Obrecht Road between White Rock Rd and Carmae Rd closed at 11:42 p.m. due to trees in wires
- Old Fort Schoolhouse Road #2314 between Albert Rill and Harvey Gummel closed at 5:50 p.m. due to wires across the road
- Patapsco Road at #2221 off of Bethel Road closed at 9:25 p.m. due to power lines
- Sells Mill road at bridge/Unger Rd closed at 9:25 p.m. due to flooding
- Sixes Bridge Road at the Frederick County line closed at 5:45 p.m. due to flooding
- Stamers Dam Road at the Frederick county line closed at 5:10 p.m. due to flooding
- Stover Road between Hapes Mill and John Shirk closed at 9:25 p.m. due to flooding
- Teeter Road between Ruggles and MD 194 closed at 4:44 p.m. due to flooding
- Tupelo Road at/and Appleseed closed at 9:15 p.m. due to wires down
- Unger Road bewteen Mayberry and #3315 closed at 4 p.m. due to flooding
- Winters Church Road at #909 closed at 10:40 p.m. due to flooding
- Kowomu Trail at the 300 block closed at 2:35 a.m. due to trees with wires across the road
- Poole Road close to #1240 and Arnold closed at 4:43 a.m. due to trees with wires across the road
- Maple Grove Road at the Baltimore County line closed at 5 a.m. for a tree across the road
Additionally, Major Ron Stevens of the Westminster Police Department is reporting that as of 6:10 a.m. today, the power was restored to the traffic lights at the following intersections along Main Street in Westminster:
- Main St @ Rt. 27
- Green St. @ Liberty St.,
- Green St. @ Bond St.
- Longwell Drive @ Main St.