Marriottsville Shed Fire Causes $5,000 in Damage
No one was injured, officials said.
A wood-frame shed in Marriottsville caught fire and was engulfed in smoke and flames Monday due to the accidental placement of storage on top of a working electric stove in the interior of the building, fire officials said.
The primary fire department responding to the blaze was from Sykesville; it took 20 firefighters 15 minutes to control the blaze, according to a release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal.
The fire at the 20 by 30 shed, first reported by Liberty High School Junior Emily Livesay in the Eldersburg Patch Local Voices section, occurred at about 3:25 p.m. Monday.
(See the full photo gallery of the fire, taken by Livesay, here)
See something around town you want to appear in Eldersburg Patch? Submit to our Local Voices section by clicking here and then clicking on the green “Post on Patch” button.
Have questions about posting? Contact Associate Regional Editor Lisa Rossi at firstname.lastname@example.org