The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a flood warning for northwestern Carroll County until 6:30 p.m.
According to the NWS, Big Pipe Creek was rapidly rising and is expected to exceed the flood stage of eight feet shortly. This level will cause flooding of Keysville-Bruceville Road near the creek.
A flood warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported. Stream rises will be slow and flash flooding is not expected.
The NWS suggests "all interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately."
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Runners Prepare to Get Dirty in the First Annual Carroll Mud Run
- Retiring at 50: Could You Follow This Woman's Extreme Savings Plan?
- Planned Road Paving, Repair Projects in Carroll County
- Dream Home Eldersburg: 5-Bedroom, 4-Bathroom Energy Efficient Home
- Get to Work! Job Openings in Eldersburg and Carroll County