Invite a friend
Small Steps to Health and Wealth- Eldersburg
With the New Year come new resolutions to live a healthier life. However, many of us don't know where or how to begin making these changes.
Good news! The University of Maryland Extension, Freedom Fitness and Westminster Family Fitness Center have partnered to deliver Small Steps to Health and Wealth, a proven program developed by Rutgers University and taught nationwide. This program includes wellness planning, information and strategies on how to meet personal goals and professionally taught physical activities. Each session will run about 1-1.5 hours, with half the time spent on wellness planning and lessons and the second doing a physical activity.
Two locations are offered: Westminster Family Fitness Center in Westminster or Freedom Fitness in Eldersburg. Classes run six weeks, starting in Westminster on Tuesday 5:15pm, January 29 and at Freedom Fitness Saturday, February 2 at 11am.
If you need special assistance to participate in this program, please contact the University of Maryland Extension Carroll County office at 410-386-2760 two weeks before your appointment.
- You must be 18 years or older
- The location you sign up for is the one you will attend for the duration of the program. Enrollment is limited so sign up early.
- $99 for non-members;
- $59 for current gym members at each location;
- $89 for people over 55 or if you enroll by January 15
- Enrollment cost includes program materials, educational sessions, professional fitness instruction and use of gym on the days of the program
Completion of at least 4 of the 6 classes gives you a free month membership to Freedom Fitness or waiver of signup fee at Westminster Family Fitness Center.
For more information, call Dr. Virginia Brown at 410-386-2760 or enroll for both at www.freedomfitness.info/events
University of Maryland Extension programs are open to all citizens and will not discriminate against anyone because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry, or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation, or gender identity and expression.
More About Freedom Fitness
Voted "Readers' Choice" for best small gym in Eldersburg and Sykesville.
Freedom Fitness provides world-class group fitness. Classes offered include ZUMBA Fitness, ZUMBA Toning, ZumbAtomic, Zumba Gold, Step, Yoga, Pilates, Group Strength and Kickin' Cardio classes for adults, children and families.
Located at 6400 Ridge Road in the front of Carrolltown Center, next to Kmart.
Freedom Fitness is an affiliate of the non-profit Freedom Area Recreation Council, in cooperation with Carroll County Recreation and Parks. A portion of the dollars from your registration fees goes directly back into Freedom Area Recreation Council to support new programs, pay for field maintenance and support area scholarships in your Sykesville/Eldersburg neighborhood.
Other events here
- Breakfast Yoga Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:00 am–9:00 am
- Saturday Morning Zumba Fitness! Weekly on Saturdays, 7:30 am–8:30 am
- Zumba Sentao Fitness Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Zumba and Belly Dance Core Weekly on Thursdays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Ramirez Zumba Fitness Master Class Fri, Jun 14, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Flirty Girl-Zumba Fitness Mash Up Master Class Fri, Sep 6, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm