Happy Thanksgiving Westminster and Carroll County! I hope you are with family and friends and sharing with eachother all that you're thankful for. I'm going to tell you some of things I'm thankful for and would love to hear from you (in the comments below) what you're thankful for.
I'm thankful for...
1. ... all my business friends on Main Street and throughout the county. In my two years as the editor of the Westminster Patch, I have spent many a days at my "offices away from home" at places like Rafael's, Maggie's, Birdie's and The CUP.
2. ... the overhwhelming amount of activity in the area. I moved back to Carroll County after having my two kids because I wanted to live in a place that has a top notch school system, library system and parks and recreation programs. What I've found as a reporter is that there are ALWAYS amazing things going on throughout the county -- in schools, business, government, the nonprofit sector and in individual lives.
3. ... the Westminster Owls football team. It has been an exciting season for the team and I know we're all rallying for them as they continue to knock out other contenders on their way to the top. The 12-0 team will take on Quince Orchard (Gaithersburg) on Nov. 23. Go Owls!
4. ... high speed internet. After a call to our local representatives, my neighbor made Comcast realize that they could in fact run cable down my driveway.
5. ... Camp Hashawha
6. ... Hoffman's mint chocolate chip milkshakes
7. ... a growing and diverse county community that still offers a small town feel.
8. ... Mrs. Maurer, Mr. Holt, Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Berry and a slew of other local English/writing teachers who inspired me early on to become a writer.
9. ... the robust and thriving nonprofit industry in Carroll County. We have a nonprofit machine in this county that provides major economic benefits such as employment and commerce while at the same time helping people to make their lives better.
10. ... the people in my life. I am amazed every day at the strong and large circle of family, friends and supporters that are invested in my happiness and success. I do not take this for granted, I thank my lucky stars every day as I continue to meet new people who roll into the folds of my life.
Thank you to those of you who continue to make my life as good as it is. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Carroll County.