For the Youngsters (geared towards children under 12)
- Trick or Treat in Downtown Westminster: On Tuesday, Oct. 29 kids can trick-or-treat from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at designated businesses in downtown Westminster. There is also a "Spooky Spring" fun run hosted by the Department of Parks and Recreation and a parade on Main Street at 7 p.m. Find details here.
- Healthy Halloween Trick-or-Treating at TownMall: On Oct. 31 at 5 p.m. the first 500 children to arrive will be given a treat bag filled with healthy goodies and then trick-or-treat at participating stores. Learn more here.
- Ghost Walk in Downtown Westminster: On Thursday Oct. 24 at 6:30 p.m. enjoy this Westminster library event for ages 10 and over. Register for this event today here.
- KidWorks Presents -- Happy Halloween: On Thursday Oct. 24 at the Eldersburg Branch Library at 6:30 p.m., enjoy stories, songs, and activities about Halloween, for all ages. Don't forget to wear your Halloween costume. Children 3 and under must be accompanied by an adult caregiver.
- Pumpkin Decorating: On Thursday, Oct. 24 at the Mount Airy Branch library at 7 p.m., a small pumpkin will be provided but feel free to bring a larger one. For ages 11 to adult. Register for this event today!
- Land of Fear: 3939 Old Taneytown Rd in Taneytown, Md. For $20 on Friday and Saturday starting at 7 p.m., visitors can get a good scare. Small groups with only a flashlight will guide themselves through the haunted woods, castle corridors and cemetery. For more information visit www.landoffear.com or call 443-918-7004.
- 14th Annual Halloween Hayride in Downtown Westminster: On Sunday, Oct. 27 from 4 to 9 p.m. catch the wagon that will take riders to five different bar/restaurants in the Westminster Main Street area. Tickets are $17, which gets you hayride transportation to five different locations, your first drink and $2 of the ticket price will go to the Carroll Cancer Center. Tickets can be purchased at any of the participating establishments which are Rafael's, Maggie's, O'Lordan's Irish Pub, Paradiso Ristorante and The Stables. Learn more here.
- A "Spirited" Self-Guided Ghost Tour in Westminster: There is no cost and there is no personal guide, but download this map and informational brochure to take a self-guided walking tour of downtown Westminster and learn about the headless jailbird, the bloody barber and the decorating ghost, among other things.
- Bedlam in the Boro: The Lineboro Volunteer Fire Department hosts this annual scare fest (although there are non-scary features as well that may be appealing to children) on Lineboro Road outside of Manchester. Open Fridays and Saturdays from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., a haunted hayride, the house of horrors, or both for $14. Visit http://www.lineborovfd.org/content/haunt/ for more details.