An electrical panel at the Eldersburg Martin's grocery store malfunctioned, causing a fire Wednesday morning that closed the business, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's office.
About 60 firefighters from the Sykesville Volunteer Fire Department arrived at 8:55 a.m. Wednesday to fight the blaze at the one-story brick building at 1320 Londontown Blvd. in Eldersburg.
One volunteer firefighter received treatment for dehydration, the fire marshal said. No other injuries were reported.
A release from the fire marshal's office said an "electrical failure at [a] 3-phase service panel" was the preliminary cause of the two-alarm fire. The fire was contained within 30 minutes, and a fire alarm was activated, the release said.
The store, owned by Giant Food Stores, LLC, was temporarily closed Wednesday, according to the fire marshal.