.

Marriottsville Shed Fire Causes $5,000 in Damage

No one was injured, officials said.

A wood-frame shed in Marriottsville caught fire and was engulfed in smoke and flames Monday due to the accidental placement of storage on top of a working electric stove in the interior of the building, fire officials said.

The primary fire department responding to the blaze was from Sykesville; it took 20 firefighters 15 minutes to control the blaze, according to a release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

The fire at the 20 by 30 shed, first reported by Liberty High School Junior Emily Livesay in the Eldersburg Patch Local Voices section, occurred at about 3:25 p.m. Monday.

(See the full photo gallery of the fire, taken by Livesay, here)

See something around town you want to appear in Eldersburg Patch? Submit to our Local Voices section by clicking here and then clicking on the green “Post on Patch” button.

Have questions about posting? Contact Associate Regional Editor Lisa Rossi at lisa.rossi@patch.com

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »