The town of Sykesville has posted the following information regarding local snow emergency routes to be used when a snow emergency plan is in effect.
When the Maryland State Police declare a snow emergency with input from the State Highway Administration, parking is prohibited on the following:
Autumn Sky Court *
Braemar Court *
Bunker Hill Court *
Concord Lane *
Dominique Court *
Patterson Court *
Revere Court *
Shimmering Run Court *
Windswept Court *
Springfield Avenue (Route 851)
* Newly designated cul-de-sac
Spout Hill Road
And Second Avenue from Oklahoma Road to the Spout Hill Road intersection
Once a snow emergency plan goes into effect, the town will enforce its NO PARKING policy. Parking on the designated routes is a violation of state law and town ordinance No. 140-5.
According to a post on the Sykesville town website, the Sykesville Police Department will stringently enforce these laws during a snow emergency declaration. These laws allow for the removal of the violating vehicle, at the owner’s expense. A citation will also be issued with fines ranging from a minimum of $100 to $500.
Listed below are the snow emergency violations that will be enforced by the Sykesville Police Department:
- Any motor vehicle found to be in violation will be issued a citation.
- Any motor vehicle found to be blocking traffic will be towed and owner given a citation.
- First offense (class B violation): Town citation resulting in a $100 fine. Owner must remove vehicle.
- Second offense (class C violation): Town citation resulting in a $250 fine. Owner must remove vehicle.
- All subsequent violations (class D violation): Town citation resulting in a $500 fine. Vehicle will be towed at owner’s expense.
Please note all town emergency routes and plan accordingly.
Residents can sign up for notifications at www.sykesville.net. Click on the link, “To receive Emailed News Flashes and Information."