Four local students will travel to Philadelphia this week to be a part of the 92nd annual nationally televised Thanksgiving Day parade.
The girls are part of the Liberty band color guard and will be marching with the Tournament of Bands "all-star" group. Carlie Waganer, Aryn Kestel, Angela Anastasion, and Emily Davis all applied for the opportunity and were accepted to the rifle line.
"This is such an amazing opportunity to meet other people from the Tournament of Bands representing schools from all over the Atlantic Coast," said Carlie Waganer, a sophomore color guard at Liberty. "We all have similar interests and we will all come together as one all-star band on Thanksgiving Day."
The entire band will be a part of the grand finale on the Philadephia Museum of Art steps.
The all-star guard will perform a routine on the steps and the entire band will be unveiling the immense fabric wreath flag, according to the TOB website. The flag is 2,000 yards of material and will cover the steps to the art museum.
Here's a peak at the intense schedule set for the Liberty high girls:
Wednesday, Nov. 23
- 1 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. Registration.
- 2 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Welcome address.
- 2:20 p.m. - 4:55 p.m. Sectionals - All.
- 4 p.m. - 4:55 p.m. Ensemble/tracking.
- 5 p.m. - 5:55 p.m. Dinner.
- 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. Guard and first set of musicians leave for art museum.
- 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. Remaining bus to Philadelphia.
- 8 p.m. - 9:50 p.m. Rehearsal at the Art Museum.
- 9:50 p.m. - 10 p.m. Final instructions.
- 10 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Return to hotel.
- 11 p.m. - Lights Out.
Thursday, Nov. 24
- 4:45 a.m. - 5:15 a.m. Wake up calls.
- 5:15 a.m. - 5:45 a.m. Breakfast.
- 5:45 a.m. - 6 a.m. Final instructions/walk to art museum.
- 6 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. Full Dress Rehearsal at the art museum.
- 7:30 AM- 8 a.m. Walk to staging area.
- 8 a.m. - 20th Between JFK and Parkway.
- 8:30 a.m. - Step off.
- Noon - Return to Hotel and Dismissal.