Friday, May 17, 2013
Here's the weekend's forecast courtesy of the National Weather Service.
It could go either way this weekend: soggy or sunny. Or maybe we’ll have a bit of both types of weather. According to the National Weather Service, today will be sunny and warm, with temperatures in the mid-70s, dropping to the mid-50s at night. Saturday there is a slight chance of rain. Otherwise expect cloudy skies with highs in the high-60s. There’s still a small chance of rain Saturday night, when temperatures drop to the high-50s. Showers are likely Sunday, after 2 p.m. Otherwise, skies will be cloudy and temperatures will rise to the low-70s. Showers are expected to continue into the night, mostly before 8 p.m. and temperatures will drop to the low-60s. There’s a 40 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms Monday afternoon when …
Friday, May 10, 2013
Here's the weekend forecast courtesy of the National Weather Service.
This weekend is all about spring showers and intermittent sunshine, according to the National Weather Service. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Friday, otherwise expect partly sunny skies and temperatures in the low-80s. Temperatures will drop to the low-60s at night when there’s a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Thunderstorms are likely Saturday afternoon, between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Skies will be mostly cloudy and temperatures will reach the mid-70s during the day. Saturday night there’s a 70 percent chance of more rain until about 11 p.m., then skies should clear as the night goes on. Temperatures will fall to the low-50s. Sunday should be dry, with sunny skies and temperatures in the…
Friday, May 3, 2013
Here's the weekend's forecast courtesy of the National Weather Service.
This is the weekend we’ve been waiting for. According to the National Weather Service, we won’t see a drop of rain this weekend and temperatures will hover near 70. Friday's temperatures will hit the high-60s. Expect some clouds tonight with temperatures dropping to the mid-40s. Saturday, skies will be mostly sunny and temperature will reach the mid-60s, dropping to the low-40s at night. Sunday, skies will be sunny and temperatures will hit the mid-70s during the day, dropping to the mid-40s at night. We’ll even have a nice start to next week, with sunny skies Monday and temperatures in the mid-60s.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Here's the weekend forecast, courtesy of the National Weather Service.
Hello sunshine. This weekend we should get a taste of spring’s better side – no rain or thunderstorms (probably), just mild temperatures, light winds and mostly clear skies, according to the National Weather Service (NWS). Friday will be sunny with temperatures reaching the mid-60s during the day and dropping to the low-40s at night. More sun Saturday as temperatures reach the high-60s during the day with “light and variable” winds. Temperatures drop to the high-40s at night as clouds start to roll in. Temperatures will again reach the high-60s on Sunday, but expect mostly cloudy skies during the day. There’s a 30 percent chance of rain Sunday night, when temperatures drop to the low-50s. For more local news, sign up for the Eldersburg…
Friday, March 1, 2013
Here's the weekend's forecast, courtesy of the National Weather Service.
The ascent into spring may be starting and, thankfully, it looks like it's starting over the weekend. Expect some sun, mild temperatures and mild winds for the next few days. Want to get out and enjoy the weather? Check our events section for something to do this weekend! According to the National Weather Service (NWS) Saturday will be mostly cloudy with temperatures in the low-40s, dropping to the mid-20s at night. Sunday looks partly sunny, with temperatures near 40 degrees, dropping to the mid-20s at night. The week should start off sunny on Monday, with temperatures near 40 degrees. For more local news, sign up for the Eldersburg Patch newsletter. Keep the conversation going on Facebook and Twitter.
Friday, November 9, 2012
The National Weather Service forecasts a pleasant weekend.
What did we do to deserve this weekend forecast? Obviously something good. According to the National Weather Service, 'sun' is the word this weekend, and we'll see milder fall-like temperatures, too. Today, temperatures will hit the mid-50s and drop to the high 30s at night. Saturday we can also expect more mostly sunny skies with temperatures reaching the low 60s and dropping to the low 40s at night. Temperatures will be even warmer for Veterans Day, with clear skies and a high temperature in the mid-to-high 60s. Sunday night will be partly cloudy and temperatures will drop to the high 40s. Monday should start out just as pleasant, according to NWS, with partly sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-60s. For more local news, sign up for…
Saturday, October 6, 2012
The National Weather Service has put out a rainy forecast for the weekend.
Friday may be as good as it’s going to get weather-wise this weekend. The sun shone all day Friday and temperatures reached about 80 degrees. Saturday there is a 20 percent chance of rain in the afternoon, otherwise, skies should be partly sunny and temperatures will reach the low 70s. The chance of rain rises slightly to 30 percent at night, when temperatures dip to the high 40s Sunday will likely bring rain in the afternoon and temperatures will remain cool, reaching just the mid 50s during the day. Temperatures will drop to the low 40s at night and rain is likely until about 8 p.m. For Columbus Day, expect sunny skies and temperatures in the low 60s. Sign up for the Eldersburg Patch newsletter here and follow us on Facebook and …
Friday, June 29, 2012
A national survey ranks nearby beaches some of the cleanest in the country
There’s a slight chance of rain on the coasts today, but Saturday should be great time to head to the beach. And not just any beach. Two of the country’s cleanest beaches are just a day-trip away. According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, Ocean City, Beach 6 and Dewey Beach in Delaware, are both “5-Star Beaches,” a designation shared with just 12 of the 200 most popular beaches in the country. That means that since 2009, less than 5 percent of water samples exceeded national standards of cleanliness and that water is sampled more than once a week. There is no rain in the forecast at the beaches tonight, and temperatures should be a pleasant 74 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Saturday at both beaches, expect …
Friday, June 8, 2012
Thinking about heading to the beach? Think about bringing a sweater. And maybe an umbrella.
Headed to the beach this weekend? Expect "a pleasant warm up" at three nearby beaches, according to the National Weather Service (NWS), but the evenings will remind you, it's not summer yet. Temperatures in Ocean City are expected to hover around the low 80s this weekend, peaking at 83 on Saturday with clear, sunny skies, according to NWS. Though temperatures will be 5 – 10 degrees higher than normal for this time of year, they will still drop to the high 60s at night. Things are looking more summery at Rehoboth Beach, in Delaware, where temperatures are expected to reach 81 degrees on Friday, and go up from there to the mid-80s Saturday and Sunday, according to NWS. You may want to pack a bathing suit and an umbrella, though, as there …